You probably won't believe me, but we almost died on Thursday.
And it would have happened at the hand, I mean, wing, of a duck.
Seriously.
Did you know the ducks at Sugarhouse park are vicious?
They've had a taste of bread and will do whatever it takes to get more.
So maybe I was being a bit over dramatic.
And embellished a tad.
But we really did go feed the ducks.
And it was kind of scary.
As soon as we had parked near the pond, and unloaded the kids,
the ducks were headed our direction.
We were stuck by the van throwing food, and MORE kept coming!
I'm really okay with ducks. I've had a few as pets and they aren't scary.
It's the geese that get me.
And they got Tato.
Literally.
Poor kid. It scared the crap out of him!
It got too overwhelming by the van, so we coaxed them all to the water.
I couldn't believe these ducks! They weren't afraid of us, and got so
impatient with the boys that they would take the bread right out of our hands.
There were some darling little ducklings
Grandma had to protect Tato
Sam wasn't afraid at all!
It really surprised me.
Love this cute face.
Sam would let them eat out of his hand!
We thought the duck on the left was pretty funny.
So we really didn't die, and no one was truly hurt,
but there were a few moments where I was a little overwhelmed
by the massive amount of ducks & geese trying to get some bread!
6 comments:
I've been saving up bread to go feed the ducks. That is so crazy!! They have become more and more fearless. Glad you made it out alive :)
They scared me to death! Good thing that stupid goose didn't get Ben's toes! Next time we go I'm going to take a poster size picture of a roasted goose to let them know what will happen if they mess with me or my grandkids!
Holy cow! That is quite scary! I would have gotten nervous and probably gotten back in the car. :)
Birds are scary! I'm kind of traumatized just from reading your account. :)
Wow, I had no idea that there were that many ducks there. Eliza always wants to have birds eat out of her hand like snow white, maybe I will take her there. My girls always want to be around the ducks. Did Mateo get bit? I bet the little ducks don't get hardly as much as the big ones. crazy!
What a fun/scary experience! Ha ha. And I don't blame you for being dramatic about it - ducks and all sorts of wing-ed things can be scary. A swan almost took off my big toe, so I understand :)
Post a Comment